Men’s Chelsea boots
Why you should choose R.M.Williams Chelsea boots
R.M.Williams Chelsea boots are the pick of choice for premium quality and style. All expertly crafted from a single piece of leather, these iconic Australian boots have exceptional durability, water resistance and an elegant profile. R.M.Williams Chelsea boots are also available in a range of tones, shapes and leather types, with styles to suit boot-wearers from all walks of life.
We take pride in the craftsmanship that our brand represents today - unmatched quality, timeless designs, comfort and reliability. The unmistakable badge of this craft is our iconic Chelsea boot. Durable, elegant and premium-quality - these boots are handmade to be lived in.
When properly cared for, our hard-wearing boots can last a lifetime. We offer a range of products and expert tips to help care for your boots, as well as repair services for when they need an experienced hand before hitting the road again.
Men’s Chelsea boot FAQs
What is a Chelsea boot?
- Chelsea boots are a simple, high-ankled style of boot named after the uptown London suburb where they first rose to popularity. Usually crafted from one or two leather pieces and two elastic side panels, these boots are easy to slip on, sturdy and reliable and can be worn with a wide range of styles.
Do Chelsea boots stretch?
- Like all leather footwear, Chelsea boots will change slightly as the leather softens with time and regular wear. Rather than stretch or grow a size, however, high quality Chelsea boots will naturally conform to your foot shape over time, making for a more comfortable fit with age.
How do I pick the right size of Chelsea boot?
- When trying on new shoes, it’s important that you feel how they function practically on your feet. Make sure you stand and walk in your boots, and avoid trying them on in the morning when your feet are usually slightly smaller than normal. When properly sized, your Chelsea boots should feel comfortable from the first moment you slide them on. Read this helpful sizing guide, or find your nearest R.M.Williams retailer to get expertly fitted.
Are Chelsea boots waterproof?
- Leather Chelsea boots are well-suited to a variety of weather conditions, including rain. With minimal seams and stitching on the uppers, Chelsea boots are generally water-resistant, and will keep your feet dry and warm through light rainfall. Chelsea boots can also be treated with water-repellent oils to improve their water resistance.
Are Chelsea boots formal?
- Chelsea boots are a highly versatile style of footwear and are well-suited to a variety of occasions. They are considered one of the most formal styles of menswear boots. Chelsea boots come in a range of classic tones and premium materials, making them a stylish choice for weddings and official events alike.
How to style men’s black Chelsea boots?
- Men’s black Chelsea boots both by design and by colour are very versatile shoes that can be styled in a multitude of ways. For a formal look, match your boots with your favourite suit or a classic combination of trousers, a dress shirt and a tie. For something more casual, pair Chelsea boots with jeans, a T-shirt and a cap.
What kind of jeans go with Chelsea boots?
- Chelsea boots can be worn with a range of jean styles and colours. As slim-fitting shoes, Chelsea boots are best paired with straight-leg or slim jeans rather than wider styles. You can also match a range of jean colours with Chelsea boots, including blue jeans with tan boots, or darker jeans with black boots.
Can I wear Chelsea boots with a suit?
- Men’s Chelsea boots are a great choice to wear with a suit. Slim-fitting and refined, Chelsea boots complement the elegance and style of a suit while bringing a modern edge to the outfit. Tan or black leather Chelsea boots are particularly well-suited for business wear and formal suits.