Discover our Women’s Footwear Range
When it comes to endurance, practicality and timeless style in footwear, nothing beats leather. That’s why the entire range of R.M.Williams women’s footwear is manufactured with premium quality leather.
Leather is ideal as a material for women’s shoes and boots thanks to its unique blend of hard-wearing durability and comfort, protection and breathability. Whether you need a reliable pair of boots to see you through a long day at work, or a stylish pair of sneakers to slip on for a stroll, leather is the pick of choice for women’s footwear.
The R.M.Williams range of women’s footwear includes a variety of stylish, practical boots and sneakers. These include:
Chelsea boots - The iconic R.M.Williams look, these timeless boots feature a sleek silhouette and simple, elegant construction. Comprised of a single piece of premium leather and two elastic side panels, Chelsea boots are fit for almost any occasion.
High top boots - Equal parts statement piece and working shoe, high top boots have high sides for increased protection from the elements along with impressive style.
Sneakers - Available in both suede and pebbled leather varieties, these premium, low-ankle sneakers are the perfect blend of smart style and supreme comfort.
These qualities explain the long-standing presence of moleskin clothes in the heritage of outback Australia and why moleskin clothes are still the pick of choice for farmers, stockmen and rural workers of all stripes.
Whether it’s timeless style or practicality you need, the entire R.M.Williams women’s footwear range encapsulates an unrivalled commitment to excellence and craftsmanship.
Women’s Footwear FAQs
Is R.M.Williams women's footwear made in Australia?
- All R.M.Williams women’s boots are handmade in the Adelaide workshop as they have been for almost a century. Today, the majority of R.M.Williams products, including women’s footwear, are made in Australia, while further efforts are being made to bring all production back to the land where RM first started it all.
What type of leather does R.M.Williams use for its women's leather shoes?
- R.M.Williams women’s footwear is made from a variety of premium leathers, suitable for a range of stylistic and practical purposes. Many variations of the iconic Chelsea boot are made from yearling leather which is prized for its soft and supple texture. This means that R.M.Williams women’s Chelsea boots are ideal for smart casual or semi-formal occasions while also standing up to the wear and tear of hard work.
- Some women’s footwear is also made from suede leather varieties, which offer a more relaxed look and supreme comfort without compromising on sturdiness and durability.
What is the best way to care for a pair of women’s leather shoes?
- The first step to maintaining the longevity and appearance of leather shoes is to regularly clean them with a soft brush or damp cloth to remove dirt and dust. Use a leather cleaner or mild soap solution to wipe them down. Allow shoes to air dry naturally and always avoid direct heat sources. Apply a leather conditioner to keep the leather supple and prevent cracking.
- To maintain the shine of your leather shoes, use a high-quality boot polish that matches the shoe colour. Rotate your shoes between wears to allow them to fully air out and maintain their shape. Always store them in a cool, dry place, ideally with shoe trees to help them retain their form.
How long will a pair of women's leather shoes or boots last?
- With attentive maintenance, women’s leather shoes and boots can last for many years. High-quality leather shoes will generally last between 1-2 years when worn every day, after which point they will often need to be re-soled or potentially repaired.
- When given proper care, R.M.Williams' premium leather shoes retain their excellent condition over many years. Explore our expert leather shoe care guide for valuable insights and tips for keeping your leather shoes in good shape. For routine maintenance, R.M.Williams provides an array of leather care products, including boot polish, leather conditioner, boot trees, and more, ensuring your footwear's longevity.
Can water damage women’s leather shoes or boots?
- While high quality leather shoes are weather resistant, overexposure to water can damage leather shoes or boots. Leather is susceptible to water-related harm, as it can cause the material to lose its natural oils and suppleness. Prolonged exposure to moisture, such as rain or puddles, may lead to leather cracking, warping, or discolouration.
- Water can also weaken the adhesive used in shoe construction, potentially causing soles to detach. To help prevent water damage, promptly dry wet leather footwear at room temperature, avoiding direct heat sources. Additionally, using waterproof sprays or conditioners can help enhance resistance to moisture, preserving the longevity and appearance of your leather shoes.