The Akubra Cattleman Hat is an iconic style, synonymous with Australian outback living yet easily styled for modern, city dressing. A balance of purpose and style, the Cattleman is crafted from felt with premium leather details.
Inspired by the richness of our archives but designed for today
Classic styles that go from casual to dressy
Featuring logos and graphics paying homage to the legacy of RMW
Founded in 1874 in Tasmania, Akubra has over 140 years of hat-making expertise.The Akubra Cattleman Hat is a timeless investment in any wardrobe, transitioning from rustic outback living to the buzz of city with eternal style. It balances function and form with a classic silhouette, crafted from structured felt, and eyelet vents for heat regulation through the warmer months.
- 100% Felt
- Brim 8.3cm
- Crown 10.5cm
- Rayon ribbon edge binding
- Synthetic plaited band
- Pinched teardrop shaped crown
- Brass fixings and Akubra logo
- Eyelet vents
- 100% leather inner sweat band
- Made in Australia
Product Code: HA290.81
- 100% felt
- Do not dry clean or wash, for small spot stains, apply cleaning fluid sparingly with a clean cloth from edge to centre of stain
- Brush hat anti-clockwise to remove dust and maintain the appearance
- Do not force dry! Turn out the inner leather band and dry slowly out of the sun to avoid shrinkage
- Do not store the hat in direct sunlight when not being worn or leave in a hot car as it may cause shrinkage
- Do not store your hat on its brim, hang on a hat stand or rest upside down on the crown of the hat
- If your brim is out of shape, hold over a steaming kettle and reshape with your fingers
Delivery & returns
Delivery is free for orders over CAD$250Premium DHL service
Extended returns*60 day return period
- Free for orders over CAD$250
- $30 for orders under CAD$250
- 'In stock' items estimated delivery within 5 - 7 business days
- All 'special order' items are shipped in 6 - 8 weeks
- Return via post
- Refunds processed within 10 business days of return
- *Returns or exchanges are not accepted for Made On Demand purchases.
As part of our ‘Crafting a better future’ strategy, we have partnered with Victoria-based business Opal on the production of our ecommerce packaging boxes. Opal sources all of its raw wood materials sustainably and responsibly within Australia, with a focus on keeping the manufacturing process local. Each box looks just as good as it feels, opening to reveal a beautiful artwork inspired by the Australian outback.
Our new packaging range also includes paper mailers created in partnership with Grounded Packaging. These mailers eradicate the need for plastic shipping satchels and are crafted with a circular approach, using recycled FSC-certified pulp made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper. They are renewable, kerbside recyclable and have a lower carbon footprint than virgin paper.