Handcrafted in Australia from European crust leather, the Chinchilla Boot has all the familiar, artisanal qualities of a classic R.M.Williams boot, with a hand burnished finish, chisel square toe, leather sole, and double branded tugs.
Crafted in Australia
Uniquely crafted from one piece of leather for comfort and strength
Goodyear welt construction for comfort, durability and sustainability
The Chinchilla Boot is a versatile style to add to your growing boot collection. Constructed from a single piece of leather with a chisel square toe, goodyear welt and double branded tugs, it has all of the familiar qualities of a classic R.M.Williams boot. The Chinchilla is handcrafted by our team of skilled artisans in the Adelaide workshop and completed with a burnishing technique, in which Italian dye is applied to an unfinished leather upper, then buffed and polished over a number of hours to achieve a tonal transtion across the boot. The boot is finished with a natural-stained leather sole, offering a subtle contrast to the deep tones of the upper.
Our burnishing technique on our Chinchilla boot is an Italian inspired artisanal method, with Australian craftsmanship bringing out the richness and true characteristics of leather. First the boot upper is cut from unfinished hide; Italian dye is then applied by hand. This is followed by hours of polishing and buffing, with particular attention paid to the toe and heel. Colours are worked and re-worked to create a mesmerising tonal transition, and each one-piece-of-leather boot travels through 90 pairs of hands as it's made. The process creates a beautiful richness and unique highs and lows on a boot.
Get the best out of your boots by keeping them clean. Look after your boots and they'll look after you.
- Only clean lightly with a damp cloth.
- Note: do not use any leather cleaner or conditioner. Leather conditioner will drastically alter the appearance of the burnished boots and will darken aniline leathers due to the unprotected finish of the leather.
Use R.M.Williams Stockman's Natural Boot Polish regularly to protect and maintain the look of your boots.
- Apply R.M.Williams Stockman's Natural Boot Polish with a clean cloth and rub in well.
- Allow polish to rest on the surface and penetrate leather for a minute.
- Finish with a buffing brush to obtain a high shine.
- Note: when you polish your boots the first couple of times, a small amount of excess dye may come off ÛÒ this will not affect the overall finish.
EVERY BOOT NEEDS THE OCCASIONAL TUNE UP.
RM believed there was only one thing more comfortable than a new R.M.Williams boot. And that’s an old R.M.Williams boot, one that has become a trusted friend, that has shaped itself exactly to the eccentricities of you foot.
For this reason, we recommend paying close attention to the condition of your boots and taking them to a quality cobbler for repairs, as soon as an damage begins to show.
Delivery & returns
Delivery is free for orders over CAD$250Premium DHL service
Extended returns*60 day return period
- Free for orders over CAD$250
- $30 for orders under CAD$250
- 'In stock' items estimated delivery within 5 - 7 business days
- All 'special order' items are shipped in 6 - 8 weeks
- Return via post
- Refunds processed within 10 business days of return
- *Returns or exchanges are not accepted for Made On Demand purchases.
As part of our ‘Crafting a better future’ strategy, we have partnered with Victoria-based business Opal on the production of our ecommerce packaging boxes. Opal sources all of its raw wood materials sustainably and responsibly within Australia, with a focus on keeping the manufacturing process local. Each box looks just as good as it feels, opening to reveal a beautiful artwork inspired by the Australian outback.
Our new packaging range also includes paper mailers created in partnership with Grounded Packaging. These mailers eradicate the need for plastic shipping satchels and are crafted with a circular approach, using recycled FSC-certified pulp made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper. They are renewable, kerbside recyclable and have a lower carbon footprint than virgin paper.