Discover our range of Classic women’s boots
Some of the most popular types of women’s boots include:
Lady Yearling Boots - The most popular R.M.Williams boot designed for women, the Lady Yearling offers the perfect blend of refined style with sturdy construction. This iconic boot comes in a range of tones and leather types to suit a variety of sartorial and practical needs.
Black boots - Offering an unmatched sophistication and timeless elegance, black boots are a mainstay for both style and practicality. R.M.Williams women’s black boots are available in a variety of models, including the iconic Lady Yearling boot, the elegant Millicent boot and more.
Brown boots - Evoking a warm, practical and relaxed attitude, brown leather boots are the perfect work companions and smart casual style piece. With a range of leather tones available, from classic Chestnut to rich Chocolate suede, brown leather boots are the premium choice for all walks and stages of life.
Adelaide boots - Versatile and reliable, the Adelaide boot embodies a more relaxed and casual style of Chelsea boot. The low-rise ankle and tapered toe shape of the Adelaide evoke a casual sleekness and elegant profile that is sure to impress
Originally crafted to stand up to the unrelenting conditions of the Australian outback, our products continue to offer this spirit of integrity and true grit today. Our collection of women’s boots is no exception - classic, durable and comfortable - they capture the true essence of the Australian lifestyle and environment on which our business was founded.
Women’s boots FAQs
How should a women's boot fit?
- A well-fitted pair of women's boots should provide a comfortable, secure fit from the moment you try them on. The length should allow some toe space without cramming or leaving excessive room. The width should also feel snug without being restrictive, lining up with the ball of the foot. Well-fitted boots will accommodate the ankle and calf comfortably, while providing firm support for your arches and ankles. Overall, a well-fitted boot ensures all-day comfort, prevents foot pain and complements your style.
Can I wear ankle boots with a dress?
- Ankle boots look stylish and elegant with almost any kind of clothing, and that includes dresses of different lengths. Whether you want to wear ankle boots with a maxi dress or a mini dress - the boots will always fit the look.
Is my boot size the same as my shoe size?
- Your boot size is often the same as your shoe size, but this is not always going to be the case. Shoe and boot sizes can vary significantly depending on style, brand and the footwear’s intended purpose. Many premium boots are also designed to accommodate different foot widths in addition to length, making for a more comfortable fit. We recommend referring to this helpful women’s bespoke boot sizing chart to ensure you can find the perfect boots for your feet.
What is the best way to care for leather boots?
- Preserving the durability and appearance of leather boots starts with consistent care. Begin by routinely cleaning them using a soft brush or damp cloth to remove any dirt or dust. For a deeper cleanse, use a leather cleaner and let the shoes air dry naturally, steering clear of direct heat sources. Apply a leather conditioner every 2-3 months to keep your leather boots supple and free from cracks.
- Use a premium quality boot polish that matches the colour of your leather boots to keep them scuff-free and shining for longer. Store your boots in a cool, dry place, preferably with shoe trees to maintain their form and extend their lifespan.
Do leather boots need to be broken in?
- Well-fitted, high-quality leather boots should not need to be broken in. Instead, they should feel comfortable from the moment you step into them. While all leather boots will slightly mould to your natural foot shape over time, this process should not involve fighting against painfully stiff leather or putting up with soreness for extended periods.
Are leather boots durable?
- Leather boots are renowned for their durability. High quality leather, especially the full-grain varieties used in the iconic Chelsea boot, is robust and can be resistant to wear and tear. Leather's sturdy, natural fibres make it exceptionally tough, capable of enduring harsh conditions and everyday use. Additionally, well-constructed leather boots with sturdy soles and quality stitching can last for many years, even decades, with proper care. They offer timeless style and excellent protection against the elements and are suitable for both casual wear and demanding environments.
Is there a difference between men's and women's leather boots?
- Men and women generally have differently shaped feet, and so require different boots to fit them comfortably. Rather than just being on average smaller than men’s boots, women’s boots tend to have slightly narrower heel spaces than men’s boots while also having higher arches.
Are R.M.Williams women's boots made in Australia?
- The entire range of R.M.Williams boots is proudly made in Australia, handcrafted by expert bootmakers in the brand’s iconic Adelaide workshop.