Engineered for comfort and protection against the elements, the Droughtbreaker Coat is a full-length oilskin jacket crafted from water resistant 8.8oz cotton. This outerwear essential is finished with a shoulder cape, storm flap and back vent for ease when riding.
Inspired by the richness of our archives but designed for today
Designed with purpose and finished with refined details
The finest tailoring techniques that stand the test of time
The Droughtbreaker Coat offers the ultimate in protection against the challenging and ever-changing conditions of the Australian bush. Cut in a full-length silhouette from waxed, water-resistant 8.8oz cotton fabric, this essential layer is designed to keep you dry and comfortable, no matter the weather. Adjustable sleeve tabs, a center back vent and functional leg strap offer additional versatility of wear and create opportunity to customise this jacket to the needs of the wearer.
- 8.8oz Cotton
- Regular fit
- Water resistant
- Shoulder cape and storm flap
- Adjustable sleeve tabs
- Longhorn press stud closure
- Model is 6’2”, chest 99cm, waist 85cm and wears size M top and W32 L32 trousers
- Material: 100% Cotton
- To clean: brush off any surface grit and/or dirt, sponge down the outer fabric with lukewarm water and hang in an airy place to dry.
- Re-proofing: check for ‘dry’ areas where proof has worn away (pay special attention to shoulders, neck seams and other areas which are most subject to friction) and regularly apply re-proofer as needed.
- For further care instructions, please refer to the garment care label
Delivery & returns
Delivery is free for orders over US$250Premium DHL service
Extended returns*60 day return period
- Free for orders over US$250
- $30 for orders under US$250
- 'In stock' items estimated delivery within 5 - 7 business days
- All 'special order' items are shipped in 6 - 8 weeks
- Return via post
- In-store exchange & return - exchanges only processed in-store
- Refunds processed within 10 business days of return
- *Returns or exchanges are not accepted for Made On Demand purchases.
As part of our ‘Crafting a better future’ strategy, we have partnered with Victoria-based business Opal on the production of our ecommerce packaging boxes. Opal sources all of its raw wood materials sustainably and responsibly within Australia, with a focus on keeping the manufacturing process local. Each box looks just as good as it feels, opening to reveal a beautiful artwork inspired by the Australian outback.
Our new packaging range also includes paper mailers created in partnership with Grounded Packaging. These mailers eradicate the need for plastic shipping satchels and are crafted with a circular approach, using recycled FSC-certified pulp made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper. They are renewable, kerbside recyclable and have a lower carbon footprint than virgin paper.